Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Remember...

I can remember way back when I used to hang clothes on a clothes line in my back yard with clothes pins. Yes, we had a dryer but at one time it was nice to smell the fresh air on your towels and sheets from hanging on a line that the sun and warm air had dried. Don't you remember when you could run with all your mite and throw your arms and body into the sheets hanging from the clothes line in the summer or just before a rainstorm you could smell the rain and you had to quickly grab the clothes from the line before they became wet and as you folded each towel and sheet you could still smell the wetness of rain in them. Well the same thing applies that as I folded and hung up my moms clothes I could smell her, you know the smell maybe it was fresh bread or frosting from a cake or her favorite cologne or just a clean sweet soapy smell or maybe it was blue grass. I knew my moms smell and I knew her just by her smell alone and when I was sad or lonely or just missed her I would go to her closet and stand in the middle of her clothes and let her clothes wrap around me like a hug and take deep long breaths and take in her smell and immediately I felt happy and complete and loved. The blue grass smell I associated with was a perfume she wore and she never wore any other and I knew that when I smelled that perfume I instantly thought of her. I believe all mothers have a mommy smell that only her children know and this smell is a very strong bond just between her and them. The next time you hug your mom take the time and close your eyes and relish in your mommy smell for its a love of a lifetime...

No comments:

Post a Comment